2017 was a bit of an odd year. Not just for me, but for a lot of people. Yet, sitting down and thinking about this topic has made me feel that I’ve gained so much more than I thought I lost. Taking matters on a sunny note, the ocean glistens.
- I learned how to be dependent on myself. Getting a paycheck with my name on it, paying for gas all on my own and managing my expenses was and is a breathtaking (yet, painful) ride.
- I learned to listen more.
- I learned to never take first impressions seriously because those I thought we would never mingle are now sitting right beside me as I’m writing this.
- I learned to appreciate the little things. Simply looking at the sunset warms my soul.
- I loved how my relationship with my family flourished to unspeakable boundaries. Even though I rarely see them these days, the bond is growing stronger.
- I learned that I shouldn’t be so hard on myself when it comes to setting goals. It’s a step-by-step process; you can’t go to the second floor without climbing the stairs.
- I love how my passion for writing grew this year, much more from before.
- I learned to take opportunities seriously, and there’s no such thing as labeling an experience as good or bad. Because there’s always a lesson behind it.
- I learned the analytics behind addiction. Now I’m only drinking one cup of coffee a day! (instead of last year’s must 6 cups to keep my eyes open).
- I learned to accept people as they are. Consent to the fact that people are different, and they’re perfect that way.
- I learned that I shouldn’t give my soul out to anyone. I shouldn’t be so naïve. Looking back now, I can see how much I’ve grown. Yet, there’s still a long road to take.
- No matter how close we are, I learned that it’s okay to still have a few skeletons in my closet.
- I learned that there’s nothing to lose when it comes to being kind.
- I learned that I don’t need to explain how I am to anyone. There’s no point in explaining, this is me yo, take it or leave it.
- I learned to accept that time waits for no one. Procrastinating is a thing of the past now.
- I learned the difference between wants and needs. Now, life seems a bit less stressing.
- I learned that growing up is inevitable. But no matter how old I get, my soul will always foster the kid in me.
With all of these now written in the book, I’m ready to see what 2018 has in store for me. So, come at me, bro!
17 Things I’ve Learned In 2017